Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How It Works
The Summer Reading Program helps kids and teens learn all summer long! In June and July, you'll be able to participate in virtual events, track your reading, and complete fun activities. This year, you can register for Summer Reading online, and we will be using social media to host virtual programs.
Readers of all ages are welcome to participate. We're challenging every participant to read (or be read to) for at least 20 minutes every day. For every week that you read at least 5 days, you will receive an entry into our grand prize drawings. We have carefully selected prizes for three age groups:
- Emergent Readers - Ages 0-5
- Independent Readers - Ages 6-11
- Teen Readers - Ages 12-18
- Adults - Ages 18+
All reading logs are due by August 1st if you want to be entered into the grand prize drawings!
- Sign up online
- Please submit a separate form for each participant
- Get a reading log
- You can print your reading logs, we will mail or email them to you, or you can pick them up at any of our branches.
- Read and log your minutes
- Turn in your reading log at the library for a certificate and a chance to win!
- We will give credit for multiple weeks completed at once if you can't visit every week.
How do I register?
Do I need a library card?
- No, but we encourage you to get one.
Are the programs and activities free?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our Youth Services Librarian, Darcy Arnall, at email@example.com.